Monday, August 4, 2014

 
13

Make It Monday: Creative Card Borders using Non-Border Dies:

What a fun project...now I'll look at my dies from a different angle. I used the Friendly Flower stamp and dies and stamped them with Hibiscus Burst and Pure Poppy and the leaves with Simply Chartruese and Ripe Avacado..
I also die cut the Wet Paint Thanks and colored it with Hibiscus Burst then inlaid it back into the card.
I tried Danielle's trick of using seam binding and wetting it and it worked great. The inside of the Pure Poppy card is a piece of paper from Shakers and Sprinkles as the color was perfect.

 

11 comments:

  1. beautiful card, great take on the challenge,love the flower and the background with the stripes

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty card, Barb
    Thanks for sharing
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The seam binding idea worked perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure delight! Love the inside, looking like rays. Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Barb! Very bright and cheery colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this! So creative to cut the flower and leave like that - it looks like a stemmed bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card, Barb...sometimes I have trouble with those little flowers, but with this technique it takes the show...love that paper in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you cut your hello! really great idea! Beautiful card!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb, this is vibrant and colorful! I am waiting for the dies to this set to come back in stock so I can order it! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete